Skip to main content

WEIGHT LOSS COOKIES

Take a break from the Christmas madness to make Christmas Cookies! These sugar cookies are classic vanilla biscuits that are made for cutting out shapes because they hold their shape perfectly when baked. NO CHILL time, make them soft OR crispy. Ice them my EASY way, dip in chocolate, dust with icing sugar or serve them plain! What I call “Christmas Cookies” are simply vanilla biscuits cut out in Christmas shapes and iced with colourful festive frosting. They taste like shortbread cookies, but not quite as buttery or crumbly. They are as classic as vanilla biscuits can be. This particular biscuit recipe is made for cutting out shapes – in this case, Christmas shapes. Most cookies spread snd puff up so they bear little resemblance to the shape you expected!

GET HEALTHY FOOD HERE ON AMAZON (may contain affiliate links)

GET HEALTHY FOOD HERE ON AMAZON (may contain affiliate links)
GET HEALTHY FOOD HERE ON AMAZON (may contain affiliate links)

STOPPING SWEET TOOTH

I essentially woke up one day and somehow everything clicked, and I was ready. My children were ages 1 and 3, and I wasn’t going to be here for them. I was in pain, could barely walk or breathe, had such severe mobility issues, I couldn’t even get my own socks or shoes on my right leg without assistance (and those socks are knee-high compression socks at that)! No doctor, specialist or diagnostic test was able to determine why I had the lost mobility, but on account of being on a blood thinner, I was medically unable to take over the counter or prescription strength anti-inflammatory pills, so SOMETHING had to change. Within a week, I landed in the world of keto and have never looked back. I knew in my heart it had to be the food. Having been diagnosed as celiac disease in 2012, I was well versed at the positive impact of ruling out even some, if not all grains, on inflammation, so I decided to return to the celiac diagnosis stage of eating. Within a week, I landed in the world of keto – totally by accident – and have never (nor will ever) looked back. Fasting is not a new concept for me as I used to fast on occasion, even as a teenager, in a religious context, so adding both intermittent and extended fasting to my life seemed almost seamless. I came by it so naturally, and comfortably, you’d think I was meant to live this lifestyle all along!I have worked very hard over the year at determining what my food preferences are, how to cook, how to understand macro and micronutrients, and their roles in my health, and how to eliminate foods that I’ve identified to be triggers for me. I keep it rather simple and cyclical with my meals – a lot of things like veggie bakes and meat, salads with a protein, chili, and good old faithful bacon, eggs & avocado. As stated, I began at the end of September 2017 at 327.4 lbs (149 kg), and celebrated a one-year milestone by having lost 150 lbs (68 kg), landing me at 178.2 lbs (80 kg) on September 29, 2018! I have celebrated numerous non-scale victories as well, including major things like regaining ALL mobility, and then some, eliminating six of seven prescription drugs (all that remains, for now, is a blood thinner), lowering my blood pressure back to normal, and have healed my lifetime of stomach/bowel disease.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEIGHT LOSS COOKIES

Take a break from the Christmas madness to make Christmas Cookies! These sugar cookies are classic vanilla biscuits that are made for cutting out shapes because they hold their shape perfectly when baked. NO CHILL time, make them soft OR crispy. Ice them my EASY way, dip in chocolate, dust with icing sugar or serve them plain! What I call “Christmas Cookies” are simply vanilla biscuits cut out in Christmas shapes and iced with colourful festive frosting. They taste like shortbread cookies, but not quite as buttery or crumbly. They are as classic as vanilla biscuits can be. This particular biscuit recipe is made for cutting out shapes – in this case, Christmas shapes. Most cookies spread snd puff up so they bear little resemblance to the shape you expected!

CHOCOLATE BALL RECIPE

Step 1 For cake, preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Grease and line a 37.5cm slice pan. Combine flours, sugar, ginger, spice and bicarb in a bowl. Stir in butter, syrup, egg and milk. Pour into pan. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool. Step 2 Cut cake in half crossways. Use 2L pudding basin base and top as a guide to cut out a large and small disc of cake. Cut discs in half horizontally. Cut remaining cake in half horizontally, then into 6 triangles. Step 3 Line pudding basin with 2 layers of plastic wrap, allowing the sides to overhang. Place small disc of cake in base of basin. Place 3 cake triangles upright and up the side of the basin, trimming to fit. Step 4 Place the remaining cake triangles upside-down in the basin to fit between the upright triangles, trimming to fit. Use any remaining scraps of cake to fill in the gaps between the pieces. Step 5 Spoon the rum and raisin ice-cream into the cake-lined basin. Use the back of a spoon to make a well in the centre. Place in the freezer ...

SUGAR FREE MINT CAKE RECIPE

This dreamy chocolate cake is kissed with peppermint and white chocolate for an amazing holiday treat. On the outside a crown of red and white swirls and a skirt of crushed candy cane create a simple but elegant decoration scheme, while on the inside a two tone swirl awaits to delight your guests! PRO TIPS FOR THE BEST CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT CAKE If you’re not using 6-inch pans, double the recipe for 8-inch pans or triple the recipe for 9-inch pans. If you see little clumps of butter after you mix the wet ingredients don’t panic, it all works out by the time you mix in the dry ingredients. You can even use melted butter and warm the milk and sour cream up a bit if you like. To get FLAT layers that are moist inside and out try using cake strips! You can buy a set on the shop page or make your own from foil and paper towels at home. I made a whole blog post on it so check it out if you’re interested! If you don’t want to make Italian buttercream you can use the American variety. I just...